Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Days!

Such a beautiful day here in Vancouver! I took Lainey for a walk and ended up at the Science museum, and she loved it! All the kids running around and so much to look at. There was a great space where I was able to just let her crawl around and explore. She made a little friend and they followed each other around, super cute! 
When daddy is home we have been going for lots of walks to the park, the only thing she likes there is the swing. I hope soon when she can walk she will explore the park area more.
 This is her new toy, she loves riding it! And soon when she is more stable it turns into a walker (the legal type:))
 These are the beautiful pants my mom made her! The are knitted in charcoal grey and are so cozy! The above picture might be a new favourite!
 Hanging out at the park, we are waiting our turn to use the 1 baby swing.
 This picture reminds me of how much I am going to miss living downtown Vancouver. It is so beautiful here and in just over a month we are moving to suburbia. If only I could afford the million dollar houses in Vancouver.

 Finally a nice day to take some pictures of some of the quilts I have been working on. This is for ME, well me and Trevor. I used the Botany line by moda. At the start I had no idea where I was going with this, but I kept adding and ordering more material. I love the colors and how it turned out. It is pretty big 85" x 72", so cozy!



 I love how this quilt turned out too. I really like the contrast of the burgundy and pink. The material is Shade Garden and the pattern is "little man" from the awesome book Simplify by Camille Roskelley. It was such a fun pattern and I can't wait to make more from her book:)


I still have 2 quilts to bind and one to baste. Also I started the charity quilts, they are cut and one top is sewn. With the move coming up and then going back to work I am trying to fit in all the quilting I can now:) 

3 comments:

  1. The yellow and blue big quilt is stunning!! Such creativity in the design, a new fav of yours :)

    Adorable pictures of lainey standing! And love that she follows little friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lainey looks so grown up on her new toy. I cant decide which quilt I like better. Both are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pictures, the quilts are beautiful, and totally jealous of all that green grass!!! Sophie got the same toy for a b-day gift and she loves it too. Everyone looks so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete