Sunday, January 23, 2011

Two quilts for two great MEN!!!

I wanted to make a quilt for my grandpa! Although I don't see him often I think about him everyday. I thought it would be nice to make him a quilt to keep him warm on these cold winter days. So I made it and sent it off. I'm glad you like it grandpa and it was really nice talking to you the other day:)))
This is his below.
 I love the warm colors, it screams "snuggle me"!
 The other quilt was for my dad! My mom thought it would be nice if I made one for him for Christmas, so I did. This one is the pattern from Cherry House. I have never done a quilt in solids before but I love how it turned out. It can almost be a wall hanging. I think I will try doing more quilts with solids.
 I also love the way the back turned out, I have always wanted to do a back like this.
 Lainey has been using it as a play mat while we are visiting grandma and grandpa.
I have a tone of pictures of our visit and will post more later. The bowles family arrives tomorrow and we are so excited!!!! We are having a great visit here, we are not going to want to leave:(

3 comments:

  1. The quilts are gorgeous! I love dads, love, love...better check my suitcase on the way out, haha.

    What a cute little bum!

    Can't wait to see you all

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of the quilts are really great Chris! Hope your all having a super visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love the quilts. If it is too difficult to leave DONT!!!!!!
    Having such a great visit also.

    ReplyDelete