Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Handy Man!!

What are the benefits of marring a handy man? Well there are plenty but this week it was something that put a smile on my face. He fixed my iron. So back in the fall, yes probably 6 months ago, I dropped my iron and broke it. All I know is that it would not longer hold water. Errr I was so upset, and just could not justify buying a new iron so I made due. Then one day he plugged it in and said, "I fixed it, it can hold water again." Oh I was so happy:) Although he might not be the quickest Mr.Fix it, he sure does it right when he gets around to it. I think those are the best gifts in life, the ones that cost nothing but mean everything. 

This week i did not do much quilting. Well I made some little receiving blankets. Two of them are below. Love the material.

I also restrained from buying any material this weekend. A local quilt shop had a clear out sale of $5 a meter and I soooo wanted to go. But I held back since I already have more material that can fit in my home. This was hard for me, but I am proud of myself. 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Use up what you have first. That is really nice material. It is those little things that are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So handy that boy :)
    Nice blankets, very modern

    M

    ReplyDelete